Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Raining

It's raining outside.
Depressing? Just a bit.

I'm getting sidetracked here. I was thinking today about another story to write. Ack! I have it all played out in my head. Wanna read it?:

"Little boy?" A pause. The boy across the street still. The rain seemed to pour harder. "Little boy?" He didn't seem to move, just stare. I walked closer to him, the poor thing was wearing a thin black jacket and shorts with knee high white socks, along with black dress shoes. I got closer to him as I crossed the street. "Excuse me?" I asked as I approached him. It seemed that the boy had blue lips. From the cold? He was shivering, but it was hard to tell because of the rain. "Are you lost?" I reached out to him, and as I did what sounded like a high pitched shriek escaped from his mouth. My hands automatically reached up to cover my ears. Again and again. He just would not stop. My head began to pound furiously as wetness filled my ears and blocked out all the sound. I tried to pry my hands from my ears to shut his mouth. Then suddenly as I tried to put my hand over his mouth, he moved too fast for me to stop him. Before it hit me I heard a yelp. My yelp. He bit me, and as the rain hit my hand I cried. Each raindrop that landed on the wound felt like razorblades being shoved into my open cut. I brought my hand up to my mouth, and as I realized that the little boy began to laugh I slapped him across his face.
"Ouch." Escaped from his mouth. "I'm terribly sorry ma'am." And with that he disappeared, leaving me in the street alone.

So yea. Like it? I just made that up right now. The idea came to me when I was outside (like 10 minutes ago) and since it's raining my brain had an idea. A daydream of some sort. I thought what would happen if I saw a boy? Just standing there? Then what ifs suddenly came to my thoughts.
Well yup! That's all for tonight guys. I gotta date with a movie! ;]

6 comments:

  1. That's a brilliant piece of writing :) Enjoy the movie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a fantastic writer :)
    But I have to disagree with you about the rain.
    I've lived in the Pacific Northwest my whole life, so I'm basically under one big rain cloud. I looooove the rain, it's always so clean and fresh and when you're terribly annoying little brother is playing The Sims at top volume in the room next door it drowns out the noise.
    Also, part of Twilight was filmed in my city... so... I'm not saying I'm amazing, but I'm pretty special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your*
    I swear I graduated elementary school

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, you never wrote any short stories before. This is great! Maybe you should be writing more of them...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool!

    I want to share with you my new blog, it would be a pleasure to have you around!

    www.ameliaup2.blogspot.com

    Become a follower and I would love to hear comments!

    Best Wishes,

    Jimena Pinto-Kroujiline

    ReplyDelete